Monday, March 21, 2011

California



This past week i was blessed to have the opportunity to go to Los Angeles with school for a Business Excursion. We toured around Southern California visiting different companies. Some of us were seeking out internship possibilities while other of us were looking for full time employment. I of course was on the latter end of the spectrum. Some of the places I visited with my school group were Avery Dennison, Bank of the West, Goldman Sachs., Google, ICON, JP Morgan, LA Clippers, Fashionphile, and the Secret Service.

While I missed the Secret Service and ICON visits, it was for a good cause. Thank to a very good inside source at MARS I was able to travel to their Rancho Dominguez location and interview for a job. I interviewed to be a Customer Logistics Representative. The interview went great, and they are going to contact me within two weeks. 


"Carol, this little Japanese gem is a Corolla." Thank you Toyota Corolla for getting me to my interview on time and for touring me around my home state. While i commend you on great service and for getting the job done, your irregular shaking while doing 85 down the freeway left me a little uncomfortable. 


When was i doing 85 you may ask? Of course I had to keep up with this new Gallardo while heading back to LA on the 405.


It wouldn't be a trip home without some meals at my local favorites. Andrew Coyle was good enough to meet me at Puffy Taco. This is one of my favorite taco shops i hadn't been to in over four years.



Of course I made it to In-N-Out to have a REAL In-N-Out.



As strange as it may seem, I didn't even bother me sitting in traffic. Could it have been the fact that it was snowing back in Rexburg while i enjoyed temps in the high 70's? Or could it have been the reuniting that I had with SMOG? (Bonus points to anyone who spots the building to the left hidden in the trees)




As some of you read the list of companies that we visited you may have questions "Fashionphile." It was a handbag company that is located on Rodeo Drive. I snapped this picture of Tiffany's on Rodeo for Nicole and Jamie. I sat on Rodeo for a couple minutes and saw many Bentley's, Maybachs, and Ferraris. Of course this all comes with a price... Regular unleaded on Rodeo Drive costs $4.95 a gallon.

All in all I had a great trip to LA, it could have only been better if Nicole would have joined me.

5 comments:

  1. A couple things...first and foremost the most solid Toyota ever built was a 2004 Toyota Camry, black in color. She holds steady even at 115. Second- All in-and-outs are real. Its a franchise system. Sorry that your hatred for Utah ruins your biased taste buds. Third-good luck with the job I hope you get what you want. And last-I didn't know you were a blogger ya big floosy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey don't call him that Josh! I LOVE that he shares writing posts with me :) It is "Graig & Nicole" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that Graig blogs. I love hearing his stories and adventures. You must be a blogger too Josh, maybe just a blogger reader!!!!! And i must say Graig, I am very impressed....multiple pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. loved the blog post graig! i miss in-n-out too! that new car looks ugly

    ReplyDelete