Sunday, March 6, 2011

Busy Busy Week

This week at school was Dr. Seuss, Read Across America week. On top of that it was the end of trimester 2 which meant that grades were due and progress reports were to be printed. It was a busy week to say the least but so much fun. We made oobleck after reading the book Bartholomew and the Oobleck along with TONS of more activities to go with some of Dr. Seuss's amazing books. I made these cute treats after reading the Happy Birthday to you on Tuesday which was Dr. Seuss actual birthday. I got the idea from whattheteacherwants.com but made a "smaller version" she used huge pixie sticks and I just bought the small ones and downsized the balloon. 

On top of the busy week Graig was out of town on an "excursion" with the school in Seattle. He got to tour Microsoft, Nordstrom, Boeing, T-Mobile (where he saw my dad), Paccar, and a few other companies I can't think of. They stayed in Seattle and his roommate happened to be a guy I went to HS with. Small world! While he was out of town I did some scrapbooking.

I LOVED this scrapbook paper at Porters and thought I could cover my school clipboard with it. I used mod podge and added some ribbon.

Then I scrapbooked a mini composition book using extra paper I used for a notebook for my moms birthday. Joni got Graig and I these mini composition books to write down when and where we go to the temple and our feelings from that time going. I'm excited to start using it, isn't it cute!? 




1 comment:

  1. Wow, I am so glad that I didn't have time to do your books. Yours turned out darling. I love it.

    ReplyDelete